Clear All

• Peppermint chocolate sticks

I've just made some of these tonight..and there yummy, you'll need:-

115g granulated sugar
    150ml water
    2.5ml peppermint essence
    200g plain dark chocolate, broken into squares
    60ml toasted desiccated coconut

1. Lightly oil a large backing sheet. Place the sugar and water in a small heavy based saucepan over a medium heat. Allow the water to heat gently, until the sugar has dissolved completely. Stir occasionally.

2. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly until the syrup registers 138c/280f on a sugar thermometer. Remove from the heat. Add the peppermint essence and pour on to the greased baking sheet, leave to set.

3. Break up the peppermint mixture into a small bowl and use the end of a rolling pin to crush into small pieces.

4. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over hot water. Remove from the heat and stir in the mint pieces and desiccated coconut.

5. Spread the chocolate mixture over a 30x25cm/ 12"x10" sheet of none stick baking paper. Leave to set. When firm, use a sharp knife to cut into sticks, each about 6cm/2" long.

Can also be made with Milk or White Chocolate.

Sounds nice! Can one leave the coconut out?
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

To be truthful, I've never made it without the coconut so I'm not sure, I can't see it making that much difference because its the sugar that make it crunchie, I'm going to try it with orange essence.

Comment

Sounds yummy GN - you should add this to the Credit Crunch Crimbo ideas thread
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X