Parasol mushrooms

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parasol mushrooms

My mum kindly shared her haul of lovely parasols, yay!
    Anyone got suggestions for using them, I've always put them in stew as that's what my mum does, but it seems a bit of a waste of something so rare!
    There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

I love mushroom lasangne and OH makes a mean mushroom pate. Also mushroom strogonoff is very good. Can post recipes if you're interested. Also the mushroom tart which Hugh did looked good the other night - recipe on C4 website.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

would love the recipes if you have time! Especially for your mushroom lasagne, that sounds lovely.

Comment

No probs. Will have a look tonight - not got recipe books with me at work

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

We used to get big parasol-type mushrooms some years in Orkney. I used to break the caps into 4 pieces, cover in a herb-and-garlic batter and deep fry. 5 mushrooms did a meal for 2 adults and 2 children, the only other thing needed was potatoes (usually chips).
          Batter was a Yorkshire pudding recipe, plus 1 clove of garlic (crushed) and ˝tspn dried mixed herbs per egg. I did also use wholemeal flour......
          Works for any large mushrooms (the parasols were at least 7" across).
          Did the same one time with slices of a big puffball. That worked even better.
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Yum I love puffball, I've breaded it before, batter sounds lovely too!

Comment

We used to take of the stalks and then cover the hats with flour, egg, breadcrumbs and fry like breaded steak. Mhmmmm.. Yum!
              http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X