No announcement yet.

Squashes - what to do

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had Turk's Turban squash curry last night. I added a few roughly chopped leaves of Bright Lights chard (and the stems) - beautiful.
    TT and cumin soup this lunchtime! To be eaten with Stromboli - a home-made bread rolled out then spread with pesto, grated cheese and optional parma ham, then rolled like a swiss roll, proved and baked. Ooooh, I'm hungry.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Do you think you could make a Mock Orange curd.....obviously substituting the lemons for oranges in the same way as the Lemon Curd? I might give it a try, seeing as I bought far too many oranges the other day.

You could also try Pumpkin & Orange Marmalade (which is what I bought the oranges for!) This is fab and I've made two lots of it already! It's a Sophie Grigson recipe.

1 kg pumpkin or any winter squash, skin removed and diced
      1 kg sugar (I used jam sugar)
      2 oranges
      240ml water

Mix the diced pumpkin with the sugar in a bowl. Thinly slice the oranges then cut each slice into quarters, put these into another bowl with the water. Leave both bowls to stand for 24 hrs, stirring pumpkin occasionally.
      Put the oranges & water into a large pan, bring to the boil then add the pumpkin and sugar and bring gently to the boil again, stirring. Boil until the mixture is thick and syrupy - it says 30 mins, but it took a bit longer for me. Then put into sterilised jars in the usual way.

Although it says marmalade, it won't gel in the usual way, but does go quite thick and syrupy and is yummy!

Mrs TK
      Mr TK's blog:
      http://mr-tomato-king.blogspot.com/
      2nd Jan early tomato sowing.

Video build your own Poly-tunnel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X