Sesame Wafer/Crisp thing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sesame Wafer/Crisp thing

I'm making these on Saturday night for dinner party to follow various curries.

They're kind of like a thin sesame brittle type thing, with butter/flour/sugar/honey but I'll roll them into ice cream cornet shapes and fill with sesame ice cream.

My question is how far in advance can I make the cornet bit before it dissolves/goes sticky? I can't find the answer by googling.

I want to do as much as I can on the morning/day before. I can make the ice cream on Friday, but really need some thoughts on whether you think the sesame things will last. I'm rubbish at desserts and have very little base knowledge on these things!
    I don't roll on Shabbos

I'd say, as you can buy sesame snaps in small flat rectangles, wrapped in plastic, I reckon they must last for ages, so I'd say they'll be fine if they're kept refrigerated? If it's hard like the toffee on a toffee-apple, you should be fine!

Not that I've ever made toffee, but I've eaten tons!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I think that the worst that will happen is that they'll go a little bit soft, but you should be able to crisp them again with a few mins in a hot oven if you need to?

Comment

Thanks chaps. Never of thought of recrisping in oven, either. I'll have a dummy run today.
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Let us know how it goes because it sounds amazing - sesame is one of my favourite things - recipes please, please, please, when you get a chance!
          Life is too short for drama & petty things!
          So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I think you will find that heating them - even gently- will soften them: if they behave anything like brandysnaps then you warm them to re-shape.
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X