Bakewell Tart and Fruit Flan recipies please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakewell Tart and Fruit Flan recipies please

The Garden Society Autumn show is on Saturday, and as my lottie hasn't got a lot of produce this year, I'll need to do a lot of 'handicraft' classes to keep my points up (darn that competitive streak!).

So I desperately need advice and recipies for a classic Bakewell Tart and a fruit flan (on a fatless sponge base).

All assistance gratefully received

My fave Bakewell recipe is out of my tatty old Be-ro book.

.be-ro.com recipe here
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      My fave Bakewell recipe is out of my tatty old Be-ro book.

.be-ro.com recipe here
      Thanks Bren, I can see the ingredients, but what are the desructions?

Comment

Thats odd because I can see them anyway I'll send you a pm.

Comment

I like Bakewell tarts. Well actually I prefer Bakewell pudding being a Derbyshire lass.

Its got ground rice in it, what's ground rice?
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
            Its got ground rice in it, what's ground rice?
            Er, ground rice is presumably the opposite of air rice?

OR.... rice ground up as flour? Waitrose (eg) sell it though maybe you could simply blitz rice?
            Rice - Glossary - Cooking libraries - Cooking and recipes - Food & drink - Waitrose.com

I live near enough to Bakewell to visit quite often, interesting and lively town with more than one shop claiming "The Original Bakewell Pudding" and "The Original Bakewell Tart" from recipes which, the boards claim, remain closely guarded secrets...! b.

Comment

I think they use ground rice as a cheaper alternative to ground almonds, only I've seen some recipes that replace the ground almonds with ground rice and almond essence.

I'm another one who's only 10 ish miles away from Bakewell, one of my fave places to visit is the Old House Museum.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzaboy View Post
                more than one shop claiming "The Original Bakewell Pudding" and "The Original Bakewell Tart" from recipes which, the boards claim, remain closely guarded secrets...! b.
                Do you think it would be cheating if I went a bought one for Saturday? - just joshing!! I've decided to make Bakewell tart, Fruit Flan, Tea Bread and Plum Jam, all on Friday afternoon, except for the jam, I made that last week!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X