coleslaw

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coleslaw

I would like to make some coleslaw for a party tomorrow, does anyone have any tips please.

I use white cabbage (very thinkly sliced) onion, ditto, and grated carrot and then your favourite mayo. Best tip is NOT to make it in advance. The mayo can go very watery. You can add grated cheese too, for a luxury version.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Try putting some apple in as well it gives it a slight sweetness

Comment

I use a mixture of red and white cabbage....shred to your liking, thinly slice red and white onion's, grate carrot in, add salt/pepper if you want, then a good blob of mayo... and for a real treat, grate a courgette in just before you serve..yummmmm
        Last edited by ginger ninger; 07-08-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Or throw in a handful of peanuts and sultanas
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

If you use red cabbage it turns the mayo a lovely pink colour. You could also add some grated beetroot.

Comment

I use thinly sliced white and/or red cabbage, handful of peanuts or cashew nuts smahsed a bit, a small or half a chopped apple, dollop of mayonnaise [yes hellmans, can't be faffed to make my own yet], a little bit of finely chopped onion, a sploosh of some kind of wine vinegar and a squirt of olive oil.
              The oil makes the mayonnaise go further and the vinegar cuts the greasiness of it a bit.
              Mind you, making a creme fraiche dressing with oil, little bit of vinegar,some frondy chopped up fennel bits, and celeriac instead of cabbage would work too.

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                Or throw in a handful of peanuts and sultanas
                although I would not suggest you use the box of walnuts in the bottom of my fridge. Like Mr Sheds did on Xmas morning for his parents (they were the parrot's walnuts, picked off the bottom of the cage when a Little One poured the whole bag in at once)
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

hee hee !!

Comment

That made me chuckle TS.Did you keep quiet about it?ha ha!

Comment

He's got a thing about bird food hasn't he Mr Sheds? I seem to remember a yoghurt
                      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X