Blackcurrant lollies?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackcurrant lollies?

Watched HFW last week and he was making blackcurrant lollies for the kids. I fancy doing the same as I'm a big kid at heart but wondered...........he added the boiled and sweetened blackcurrant juice to yoghurt and then frose it. Will the litre cartons of plain yoghurt from tesco's be ok, or is it 'special' yoghurt?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

The web page says full fat yoghurt

Blackcurrant Yoghurt Ice Lollies Recipe | Food | Channel4.com
    BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
    Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleB View Post
      Ta very much BumbleB! Haven't got a great deal of blackcurrants but this looks like an ideal way to spread out there use........and I lurve ice lollies!
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I missed that, but I did make rhubarb and yoghurt ice lollies a few weeks ago which went down very well. And rhubarb and orange juice ones. My only disaster has been kiwi fruit lollies which none of them will eat despite liking the fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by hmk View Post
          I missed that, but I did make rhubarb and yoghurt ice lollies a few weeks ago which went down very well. And rhubarb and orange juice ones. My only disaster has been kiwi fruit lollies which none of them will eat despite liking the fruit.
          Yep....he did make rhubarb lollies also!
          Last edited by Snadger; 16-06-2009, 06:14 AM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I tried making real fruit lollies last year, and the kids won't eat them because they've got "bits" in ... same with yogurt, they won't eat it unless it's perfectly smooth.

So now I made Orange Squash Lollies for them, and eat the fruit myself.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Oooo these sound yummy! Does anyone know if this also work swapping the sugar for sweetner?
              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                Oooo these sound yummy! Does anyone know if this also work swapping the sugar for sweetner?
                Lollies without sugar tend to be very hard (just like flavoured ice cubes).
                It may work to use one of the 'spoon for spoon' type sweeteners. I don't know what the 'texturising' ingredient would do in the freezer, (it is meant for making cakes and similar I believe?)
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

We have used Asda's natural low fat yogurt to make lollies with and it's been fine.
                  It's V cheap as well
                  "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
                    Lollies without sugar tend to be very hard (just like flavoured ice cubes).
                    It may work to use one of the 'spoon for spoon' type sweeteners. I don't know what the 'texturising' ingredient would do in the freezer, (it is meant for making cakes and similar I believe?)
                    One thing that helps when making sorbets/lollies etc. is beating a couple of egg whites until fairly stiff and gently folding them into the fruit mixture before freezing. This really helps to stop them getting too hard as it helps trap air in the mixture.

Mmmmmm... quite fancy an ice lolly now!
                    Last edited by vikkib; 08-07-2009, 02:35 PM.
                    http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Originally posted by vikkib View Post
                      One thing that helps when making sorbets/lollies etc. is beating a couple of egg whites until fairly stiff and gently folding them into the fruit mixture before freezing. This really helps to stop them getting too hard as it helps trap air in the mixture.

Mmmmmm... quite fancy an ice lolly now!
                      I always include egg white in sorbet. It's a fair time since I made lollies!
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X