No announcement yet.

Grapevine Soup Recipes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never use a recipe for soup. I fry an onion in a little oil then add whatever ingredients I decide to make the soup from. I season, taste, allow to cool, whizz up in my procesor (it's got a glass goblet, that's why I cool it first!) then heat up and eat with home-made bread.

Yesterday I made a grey soup. Looks vile, tastes gorgeous. If you remember, I was growing spuds from true seed and had a number of offspring from Salad Blue that were soft on cooking whereas I wanted to save and grow on a firm, salady one. I put some of those in. Deep purple spuds with leek and onion makes something that looks like failed porridge!

Just bung in what you have and choose your spices or herbs accordingly.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Depends on the season:
      Winter-Red lentil,broth,beetroot
      Summer-All veg soups:beetroot(with leaves),parsley,cauli,tomato soups.
      My favourite summer soup is the one with all the available veg in it.
      I like soups with chunks in them(not liquidised)

Comment

For dinner party last night - smoky pea and ham, poured around seared scallops with crispy pancetta on top.

Not an every day one, but delicious. You could of course just do the soup on it's own, but it's lovely with all it's bits.

Otherwise, I'm not a huge soup person. I love it when I have it, but I rarely make it it/choose it for a meal. I can't quite shake the suspicion that a bowl of liquid is going to leave me a little hungry...
        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Home made leak & Stilton.
          " " Mushroom
          " " JA
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

French onion with a teaspoon of brandy, under the toasted french bread floating on top, covered in melted gruyere! Yum!
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Forgot about the most important one:seafood chowder!

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
                Forgot about the most important one:seafood chowder!
                Yep. I make an exception for that, and the French onion soup. Love 'em both! Actually bouillabaisse too now I think about it. And the Portuguese caldo verde. Alright then I do love soup.
                I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X