No announcement yet.

Sweets for Christmas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie, in my experience fudge freezes perfectly well so mine is all made already and in the freezer
    Alison, I'm sure there must be a recipe for truffles somewhere that will keep, how do businesses manage otherwise? Pity julesapple isn't around - her hubby is a chocolatier... I always assumed that the alcohol content was one of the reasons that they keep?

Comment

Oh good, fudge & cookies being made this week/weekend then! Wonder how many will actually make it into the xmas hamper!? Perhaps i best do double quantities!
      Jane,
      keen but (slightly less) clueless
      http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

I have a brill sweetie book 'Favourite sweets and toffee recipes'
        ISBN 1-898435-69
        Think was a pound from cheapie bookshop. have made load sof recipes and all been yummy.

Comment

On another thread I gave my recipe for no-burn fudge. I made some with dried cranberries in (bought from a Julian Graves shop). It worked VERY well, and you could hardly get a more Christmassy recipe! I used about 100gms cranberries to the half-tin of caramel condensed milk, and probably 200gm (possibly more) of icing sugar.
          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
            Alison, I'm sure there must be a recipe for truffles somewhere that will keep, how do businesses manage otherwise? Pity julesapple isn't around - her hubby is a chocolatier... I always assumed that the alcohol content was one of the reasons that they keep?
            Been doing a bit of a search on the internet and found a couple that sound like they'd be OK and take your point re the alcohol, not thought of that. Will be experimenting this weekend and will post re anything that works, or doesn't.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

bump
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X