Sticky Triple Gingerbread

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Triple Gingerbread

A real old fashioned gingerbread recipe that I made on Friday. Though adding stem ginger is my idea. Very moreish. Can eat with butter or warmed up and serve with custard or cream for a pud. This makes a large one, can halve quantities if too much.

150g unsalted butter
    125g dark muscovado sugar ( I used dark soft brown)
    200g golden syrup (I substituted 50g of this with some ginger syrup)
    200g black treacle (could use molasses or more golden syrup if you don't like)
    2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons ground ginger
    3-4 pieces of stem ginger (use syrup as above)
    2 tsps mixed spice
    250ml milk
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
    300g plain flour
    A lined roasting tin 12" x 8" x 2"

Melt first 7 ingredients in list in a pan. Take off heat, mix in milk and beaten eggs. Sieve flour and bicarb into large bowl, add mixed spice. Pour in liquid ingredients beating til well mixed. It is a liquid batter, this is what makes it sticky.

Pour into lined tin and bake for 45-60 mins 170C/150C fan/Gas 3. Test with skewer after 45 mins. Don't overbake, nicer when still sticky. Let cool in tin before cutting into squares. Keeps for up to 2 weeks in airtight tin (assuming lasts that long...lol)

Freezes well, wrapped in greaseproof and foil. You could cover with a ginger icing if you're a real ginger nut!!

I'm going to make some rhubarb compote to eat with some of this and some custard tonight as I haven't had time to make the rhubarb and ginger jam yet. First time we'll have eaten something off the lottie.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X