No announcement yet.

My favourite mincemeat recipe

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made some from a Schwartz (other brands of herbs and spices are available) recipe a few years ago which was deffo drier although moister than a shop bought one. Mind you I did use pears.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

The mincemeat is more wet than shop bought varieties. On keeping the liqiud will sink to the bottom of the jar so when you are about to use it turn your jar upside down or give a good mix to ensure the mincmeat is moist throughout. Hope this helps.
      Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

A quick mincemeat cake (if you've eaten enough mince pies)
        150g butter
        150g sugar (caster is best but any will work)
        3 Eggs
        150g self raising flour
        1/3 - 1 jar mincemeat (depending on how much you have)
        Preheat your oven, gas 5 electric 180
        Cream the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs and flour (add them together and mix well, it stops them curdling)
        Add your mincemeat, I bake this in a large (8" I think square tin) and it takes about fifity minutes, but test by touching the centre lightly and it should spring back. Two sandwich tins take about thirty minutes.
        Like most of my recipes this has been tested to destruction by several years worth of pupils so is generally foolproof. (Unless its a really good version of fool)
        Last edited by blackkitty; 28-10-2006, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X