Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yummy Biscuits (Ginger, Chocolate & more)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANZAC Biscuits

You need:
    85g Oats (porridge type fine)
    85g Desiccated Coconut
    100g Plain Flour
    100g Caster Sugar
    100g Butter
    1 Tablespoon of Golden Syrup
    1 Teaspoon of bicarbonate of Soda

Instructions:
    1 • Get the oven on to 180c (with fan if you have one) think that is Gas mark 4.
    2 • Put oats, sugar, coconut and flour in a bowl and mix them up.
    3 • Heat butter in a pan and then add the Golden Syrup, mix it in well.
    4 • Add the Bicarbonate of soda to 2 tablespoons of boiling water.
    5 • Make a hole in the flour mix and add the butter and the bicarb/water and mix really well.
    6 • Make them into little balls (about 3cm diameter) a bit smaller than a golf ball.
    7 • Place them on a buttered baking sheet (on a baking tray). Leave some space, because they spread out really flat as they cook, and you don't want them getting to cramped up...
    8 • Put in oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown. Don't leave them in too long or they get too crispy.
    9 • Place on wire rack to cool.
    10 • Enjoy the most famous of Aussie food! They are nice after a few minutes out of the oven too!

Comment

Ooh, they sound nice Wrex I'll be giving those a try!

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        The best ginger biscuit recipe I've ever come across!! Depending how long you bake them for, you can end up with chewy cookies, or, full on crunchy ginger nuts. Make them extra fab by chopping some pieces of PigletWillie's Crystalized Ginger into the mixture (if you're lucky enough to have some )
        I'm sorry it's in 'old money', but the recipe is from the 1940s

Pre heat the oven to 160°c

Sieve 12oz Self Raising Flour, 2 tsp Ginger, 1tsp Bircarb.Soda into a bowl.
        Add 8oz granulated sugar Mix together and make a well in the centre.
        Melt 4oz butter, 3oz golden syrup in a pan, then pour into well.
        Add 1 beaten egg and mix together well.

Lightly flour your hands, roll mixture into balls and place onto greased baking trays (you'll probably need 3), allowing for some spread. Bigger sized balls will make chewier cookies, smaller ones more crunchy

Bake for 15 - 20 minutes - pale golden is chewy, darker will be more crunchy.

Don't blame me if you eat the whole lot in one day
        didnt have anything for the kids lunchboxes tomorrow and just came across these......i have to say they are amazingly quick and easy to throw together and delish! Many thanks, they are now on the "make weekly" list according to the kids!!

Comment

Ginger cookies in the oven now .............

Comment

Got the choc ones in the oven now

Sarz, if you want to merge the 2 biscuit threads that's fine (christmas biscuits)
            Last edited by janeyo; 22-11-2009, 05:37 PM. Reason: change

Comment

The ginger cookies are in danger of disappearing fast, wolfed by my OH - he sends his thanks
              Wars against nations are fought to change maps; wars against poverty are fought to map change – Muhammad Ali

Comment

We've got a rib of Beef in the oven and it smells delish - so why have I now got the urge for Ginger Biscuits? You lot are leading me astray, and I don't need it thanks!!!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

They are/were very nice - next time I will add more ginger, just my personal taste :-)

Comment

My lot are weird... none of them liked the choc biscuits!
                    Will try the peanut butter ones next.

Comment

Originally posted by Jillyreeves View Post
                      They are/were very nice - next time I will add more ginger, just my personal taste :-)
                      I usually add chopped up crystalized ginger as well, yum

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                      My lot are weird... none of them liked the choc biscuits!
                      Will try the peanut butter ones next.
                      My lot weren't keen when they were little - too 'dry' and chocolatey. If you swap some of the cocoa powder for more custard powder or cornflour, they're a bit less chocolatey and more like shortbread. Alternatively, you can just eat them all yourself

Comment

Originally posted by sarzwix View Post
                        i usually add chopped up crystalized ginger as well, yum

my lot weren't keen when they were little - too 'dry' and chocolatey. If you swap some of the cocoa powder for more custard powder or cornflour, they're a bit less chocolatey and more like shortbread. Alternatively, you can just eat them all yourself :d
                        where is my willpower???? I have eaten most of them already gaaarrrrr

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X