ADVICE to help my taste buds please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADVICE to help my taste buds please

I have a large pkt of this alpen,not keen on it as it is,how can i turn it into bits to chew at,with the aid of other ingredients like golden syrup,honey,more fruit maybe choc drops,is it a case of simply combind the ingredient together,and leave to set on a tray,or does it have to be cooked/baked before cooling of,not done this sort of thing before,any suggestions and idea's please,or the hens will have it
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Personally I find it so revolting I'd just give it to the hens and bake a cake. However you can mix it up in a pan with all the things you suggested and put it in a tin to set in the fridge or bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes first. The main problem is you need lots of honey or golden syrup to make it hold together in bars but I'm sure the hens will like the bars if you don't. On the odd occasions my husband has bought some of it (or similar) he can never remember why I refer to it as bird feed but that is always where it ends up....

Comment

Treat it as the basis for making flapjacks is what I would do. Or mix with a bit of Golden Syrup and bake in small clumps in the oven for a brief while and use as crunchy breakfast cereal.

Comment

Lottie I've found a few recipes here, hope this helps.

https://www.alpenusa.com/recipes/
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Thankyou ladies,Bren them look to hit the spot,mmmmm brill.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Wow, Bren. Some of those look like it might be worth buying just to make those recipes. Yum!

Comment

Snoop i like the look of those muffins.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Peanut butter ones are whispering in my ear,closely followed by blueberry,yum yum come 2 my tum

Comment

I've saved bren's link too! Mmmm
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X