Cutting a pumpkin ~ difficult!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting a pumpkin ~ difficult!

Goodness, I've been struggling to cut my pumpkins - the skin is so hard, and I'm a weakling.

I've just discovered that you can microwave (or part-bake) them first, to make cutting easier.

Sometimes a saw and mallet are required though ... seriously.

More info here: Squash: How-To:Cooking & Cutting
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 13-10-2008, 08:51 AM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

not sure I could fit a large one In my microwave
    Vive Le Revolution!!!
    'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
    Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

A good old stab in the top with a chef's knife should start it off. Just dredge up a grudge against something and PLUNGE!!!

Comment

I often think(after I've done the chopping!!)that it would prob be easier to part roast 1st!!Maybe will give it a go with the next Turks Turban I tackle!!(they're really tough!!
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

How about (if you dont want it to look like polly the axe murderer has been at it ) mark a line around the pumpkin then with a chefs knife and a rolling pin, place the blade on the line and tap in with the rolling pin do this allthe way round then push knife through the flesh.

Comment

Good idea Paul. I use a similar technique for cutting up swedes (except that they don't have a softer middle, so just cutting in half). Be careful if using a wooden rolling pin, because the back edge of the knife can leave shallow 'grooves' in it.
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X