No announcement yet.

Courgettes again

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm gutted that only one of my courgette plants has actually made it through to adulthood, though it looks dead healthy, and has just started producing flower buds, i love courgettes, but son hates them, hopefully i might get a reasonable amount ..... have managed 4 squash plants and 2 pumpkin plants though

Comment

I've been out and harvested some runners and another 8 courgettes, gave them to two colleagues. 2 are being hidden in a passanda with prawns, my spring onions and my new mushrooms tonight.

Guess what though, I "found" one that I'd "missed" gawd only knows how cause it's about a foot long. Yep Bubblewrap I left it there. Stuffed marrow here I come - stuff the OH too he can leave the outer for all I care I do love stuffed marrow
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
        Just harvested my "big one" 18" long & nearly 4kgs
        I just let it grow for fun!
        I agree with BW. Let a few plants grow really big ones just for fun! Friend had a few recently that were bigger than my arm (bicep AND forearm!) Probably no good for eating when you finally cut them so just compost.
        http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

For cooking courgettes I make pasta sauces:

Two large courgettes diced to 1cm cubes.
          Onion diced
          Handful mushrooms diced
          Creme fresh
          grated cheese

Whack the veg in a wok with a bit of oil. Leave to cook stirring frequently for about 10 mins. The courgette really reduces down in size. Turn heat down low and stir in creme fresh and grated cheese. Add to pasta. Done.
          http://plot62.blogspot.com/

Comment

This morning I was going to NOT reccomend the choc cookies(on zuccinni agogo),but several hours later & the kids have nearly finished them!!So maybe it's just me!!If you like your biscuits to have a cake consistency then give them a go
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Sainsbury's Courgettes, Organic....

Price

Wait for it.!!!!!

£0.66/ea.

Geo..

Comment

Blimey, I've eaten £47 of courgettes so far.
                After my other posts on the price of blackberries and I reckon I've eaten £54 of those, it does make you think about how, by growing your own, you must eat far more fruit and veg than you would if you were totally reliant on shop produce.
                No way would I have eaten the amount of fruit and veg I do if I had to buy it, add on the £150 of strawberries and you've a small fortune just from three crops.
                I know some people (most people!) wouldn't want to eat quite so many courgettes but I try to base all my cooking on what I've produced so it's courgettes at the moment, and it's great fun searching out new recipes and exploring different ways of cooking them.
                Sue

Comment

He ate them last night in the passanda, were are on a courgette free zone tonight but tomorrow......................
                  Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

Maybe I'll sell them at 50p each outside but our lane is quiet although fast (when we get a car) so I wouldn't hold my breath
                    Hayley B

Comment

We're in rented house & our agreement says no selling from the property & as the landlord only lives round the corner~& his sisinlaw walks passed almost everyday.....~neighbours are on holiday next week~p'raps I'll set up a stall outside theirs!!!!

Comment

but you aren't selling, you're giving them away for a donation

Comment

As it's a roof above our kiddies heads not just ours think i may just hijack the neighbours lawn!!moved last year~really can't be with it again for a while yet!!

Comment

wow, you mean there's a whole lawn that's been empty for a year, ........ and you haven't dug it up and planted veg yet? you're slacking girl

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X