Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best ever tomato recipes please (not chutney)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
    ahhhhh but mine was designed for a child that wouldn't eat tomatoes onions or carrots ... makes up some of the 5 a day
    When we were buying our juicer the demonstrater showed us a fruit juice with added broccoly, however that it spelt, and brussel sprouts.

Excellent stuff if they don't see it going in!!

Comment

Tomato skins are not easily digestable but are the healthiest part of the tomato.

I am aiming to become the passata queen of Bedfordshire this year as I mistakenly grew over 50 plants (No it isn't a competition I will just crown myself).

My basil bush and chillies are at the ready and I'm just waiting for the toms to get red. Hopefully by the end of it I'll have many frozen varieties of passata filling my freezer to see me through the long hard winter
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

We're overcome with tomatoes too It's great innit, after last year?!
        Anyway, we've made a couple of batches of Dolwixio sauce - pasta sauce with everything but the mince, cooked into lovely thick, rich redness - and got about 12 meals worth so far. Also, a big panful of basic tomato sauce which we'll portion out and freeze ready to go into chillies, casseroles, pasta, soups etc.
        I need a bigger freezer

Comment

We had great success last year & think still got a couple of sauces in the freezer~this year however...!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

With the lack of summer and salads, here's what i have been using my bag fulls of toms for, a thick and tasty pasta sauce, with a kick..
            slowly soften 1 large red (chopped) onion for 10 mins in plenty olive oil, add 1 red pepper chopped, once soft add 2 or 3 garlic cloves(slice thinely) and as many tomatoes as the pan takes, keep cooking on low heat till as soft and add 3 to 6 drops of tobasco, freshly ground sea salt and black pepper, good squeeze tomato puree and good large handful of basil, simmer 10 mins and run through a blender... easy and freezes so fantastic quick sauce all winter... i have done it tonight with half a fresh chilli (1st to ripen) and its was warmer than normal but delicous...but with runner bean gluten i am also out of space in freezer, not to mention the blackberries i found near the local canal...
            Last edited by afrench108; 24-08-2008, 06:28 PM. Reason: chopping of onion
            I'll be SLACK!!!

I'm here for a good time, not a long time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X