Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickled Beetroot ??

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any tried and tested sucessful methods of pickeling beetroot ??? >>> first time trying it<<<

Thanks

Oh and does any one have any ideas about preserving gherkins ??

Nat

Nat I have thought the same. I wasn't sure if you need to cook the beetroot first. I tried onions last year but didn't do anything with them apart from putting them in the jar and leaving.

As for the gherkins, I went to shop yesterday and had a look for you. It looks like they have a few chilli flakes, and coriander seeds (I didn't have time to look at the back because my weight watchers leader came behind me and told me they were point free anyway!!!!!)

Comment

LOL ... i know you have to cook the beets first, but straight in vinegar? warm hot ??? and Gherkins im sure i don't have to cook them ?? lol , i don't know..im hopeless !!!

Comment

Go to www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk They have plenty of preserve recipes including pickled beetroot.
        [

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay
          Go to www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk They have plenty of preserve recipes including pickled beetroot.
          fantastic veg recipes on this site also. i'm more of a grower than a cooker, but that website has inspired me. something for everyone including kitchen novices like me

Comment

I use an adapted Delia method. I bake them first in foil till soft. Then boil red wine vinegar with peppercorns, about 200ml with 1 tsp and add about 2 tablespoons of sugar. I slice the beetroot and place in jars with a little sliced shallot and pour the hot vinegar over. This does about three jars with about a pound of beetroot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X