Sexy Savoury Sauce

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexy Savoury Sauce

Goodness knows where I cut this recipe out from, but I made it last night to go with Pork Fillet for Trousers' Dinner. It was SENSATIONAL...!

Preheat oven to Gas 6/200c/180c fan.
    Serves 4

2 x 350g Pork tenderloins, each cut into 2
    85g butter, plus extra for frying
    large pinch of cumin
    85g soft dark muscovada brown sugar
    125ml balsamic vinegar
    zest of half an orange
    8 fresh ripe figs, quartered
    1 pomegranate, seeds only (optional)
    50g shelled pistachios (optional)

1. Season the pork. Melt a knob of butter in a roasting tin on the hob. Add the cumin, then seal the pork all over. Cook in the oven for about 25 mins.

2. Melt the sugar and the rest of the butter in a heavy-based saucepan until just beginning to caramelise. Add the vinegar and stir to form a syrup. Take off the heat, then immediately add the figs, pomegranate seeds, orange zest and nuts, coating them all well in the syrup.

3. Slice the pork and drizzle the sauce all over it.

Go On! give this a try Saturday night. It's real 'dinner party' material. Don't fret about the calorific ingredients, just work them off afterwards?!

Oh yes! That's going to the top of my 'dishes to try' list. Printed and attached to the shopping list already!
    Life is too short for drama & petty things!
    So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Sounds good to me Wellie. Thank you. My brother in law loves pork so will do for his next dinner with us.
      I might have a problem getting hold of the fresh figs but I think it would be good with prunes.
      And thanks again for your Rhubarb ripple fool recipe.
      MIL and BIL love it.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by wellie View Post
        Goodness knows where I cut this recipe out from, but I made it last night to go with Pork Fillet for Trousers' Dinner. It was SENSATIONAL...!
        What is Wellie? - the savoury the sexy or the sauce (no, actually, don't answer that)

Might give it a try when the Inboots's come
        Last edited by scarey55; 15-08-2008, 10:28 PM.
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Comfrey - you won't regret it!
          Alice, you are so right: prunes will do nicely in the absence of figs. The sauce tastes subtly of toffee. Mmmm! and glad the Rhuby Fools are still going strong!
          Scarey darling - you've not been at that homemade wine we made together back in October have you? Put in DOWN girlie! No, seriously. You must try this sauce, it really IS sexy. No kidding!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X