• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jam Jar Caddies

Has anyone any idea where i can get something like these
    Jam Jar Gift Caddies - Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

but not as expensive, think theyd be fab for gifts
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

I've just used gift bags - if you have a shuftie in the card shops you can get them all sorts of shapes and sizes. Select ones that are square-ish and nip the tops together with sparkly sellotape.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Depends whether you'd want to faff about making them look pretty but those fold down cardboard wine bottle carriers that most supermarkets do might work?
      I was feeling part of the scenery
      I walked right out of the machinery
      My heart going boom boom boom
      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
        Has anyone any idea where i can get something like these
        Jam Jar Gift Caddies - Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

but not as expensive, think theyd be fab for gifts

Having said that, at £7 for 3 each gift only costs you £2.30 odd - not bad if you've saved your own jars / grown produce yourself (how do I grow my own sugar again???) Thanks for the link Hans Mum, I might be tempted ...
        Cheers

T-lady

Comment

I'm planning on giving a lot of home made jams and chutneys as pressies this year. Was going to cut out circles of material with pinking shears to cover the lids and tie with string of raffia.. Thought these bags would look great, and people would probably reuse them for other things:

IslePac Gift Packaging | Eco Friendly Quality Three Window Jute Bags

or

http://www.islepac.co.uk/gift-packag...mini-bags.html

or

http://www.islepac.co.uk/gift-packag...th-window.html

They also have other products that may be suitable for other things too.
          Last edited by amandaandherveg; 14-08-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
            Depends whether you'd want to faff about making them look pretty but those fold down cardboard wine bottle carriers that most supermarkets do might work?
            I thought the same. A quick covering of some gift wrap/wallpaper a la school exercise books - and Bob's Fannys brother.
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
              I'm planning on giving a lot of home made jams and chutneys as pressies this year. Was going to cut out circles of material with pinking shears to cover the lids and tie with string of raffia.. Thought these bags would look great, and people would probably reuse them for other things:

These are brilliant Amanda, better than the cardboard ones. My Aunty bought me something like this for Xmas last year and it cost over £10 for three jams in a jute windowed bag. I kept the bag as a template to do something with but had totally forgotten about it. I wonder where it is ...
              Cheers

T-lady

Comment

There's free delivery over £49 so I'm going to see if I can get a few of us to club together and put in an order.

I've got 84 hexagonal jars coming in the next day or so, split the case with a neighbour and a lady I met through Freecycle. I'm going to use the tips for the links I got from a couple of other grapes for printing you own labels then we're set - well, after I make the stuff to to fill the jars with.

Comment

thanks for the link amanda they'll be fab for giving jams and stuff as prezzies, much better price than the lakeland things too
                  The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Yippee, we're all happy!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X