Preserving Beetroot?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    And if you do drink a lot don't panic the next time you go to the loo!!!!!!!
    Yes! I found that one out the hard way!

Rob

Comment

Have just spent a couple of hours with my daughter making 'Hazels finest beetroot chutney '. How annoying to have to wait a few months now!!

Thanks for the recipe though.

Wren

Comment

I used this recipe yesterday used 1 large jar to mature for a month and a small jar to keep in the fridge for use now. It tastes great.

Thanks for the recipe Hazel

Comment

Hi Hazel,

Just got my first batch of your beetroot chutney bubbling away on the cooker. If it tastes even half as nice as it smells then I'm going to be very happy! Thanks very much!

Rob

Comment

Beetroot

Hi'
            I always eat the young tender beetroot leaves they have a very similar taste to Spinach

QUOTE=robstott;253039]Hi there,

It looks like I'm going to have a bit of a glut of beetroot soon - which is brilliant. It set me wondering about how to preserve them though. Is it fairly easy to pickle them? Can they be frozen? Are there any clever ways of preserving them?

Also, I notice the stems look nice and juicy, although maybe a bit chunky for use in a salad. I wondered if the stems have any uses?

Any ideas or suggestion would be appreciated!

Thanks
            Rob[/QUOTE]

Comment

I've been storing my early baby beetroots in large pots of used compost. Working fine so far.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X