No announcement yet.

steamed new potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We steam everything, including the spuds, and have done for years. Though I saw a TV programme the other night (haven't a clue what it was called or the channel as I just caught the last 20 minutes or so round at my daughter's) and there were people on there who were obsessed with not cooking anything at all...ever. They all had those weird smiles on their faces, you know the ones, as if they'd just found religion and couldn't wait to tell everyone. What's all that about? I always thought that we needed to cook most of our foods as we don't have the enzymes required to breakdown the cellulose cell walls of plant stuffs. Sorry, completely off topic, I'll shut up now.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Think they're the raw food lot - eat a very restricted diet though, have seen them on TV before.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

As I understand it.........cooking of meat by early man in Africa is what lead to larger brains and therefore further evolution of intelligant man ( ..and women of course)
        Something to do with getting more nutrition out of cooked meat compared to raw meat.

I bet they didn't steam their new potatoes!!! ...actually spuds were from S America weren't they????
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I've found the new pots taste better steamed, and don't fall apart. You can even cut the big ones to make the pieces more even in size. Potatoes go in the bottom, the other veg get added up though the baskets, with the quicker stuff at the top. I've only had the steamer for a year, now it's definitely a 'must have' gadget.
          I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
          Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X