No announcement yet.

Broccoli a la caterpillar...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember a friend of mine finding a caterpillar in a M&S lettuce and being horrified. Her mother quipped that buying expensive veg doesn't mean they are always creepy crawly free however you do get a better class of caterpillar.
    Seriously though, I'd rather have to pull out the odd caterpillar than eat the levels of pesticide that are needed to eliminate them.

Comment

Originally posted by blackkitty
      Her mother quipped that buying expensive veg doesn't mean they are always creepy crawly free however you do get a better class of caterpillar.
      *puts on fake ad voice*
      These are not just caterpillars. These are large, succulent caterpillars from the finest cabbage whites. This is not just bugs. This is M&S bugs.

Last edited by Lozzie; 28-07-2006, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Hee hee, I like that Lozzie
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Thats very good Lozzie! Those M&S ads always make me feel hungry but somehow your version doesn't!
          [

Comment

Brilliant Lozzie! So much like the advert!

Comment

very good Lozzie!

Comment

Selfridges down here sell chocolate covered Crickets and Fire Ants and other things, both of which I've had and which were fine. There were crunchy bits that got stuck in your teeth but all you could taste was chocolate. The most off putting thing was the price as you don't get much for your money, so maybe there is a business opportunity there for all the pests you find.

Comment

we got 'attacked' by a caterpillar yesterday. about 3 inches long, with a single blue horn growing out of its head. being girlies, we shrieked very loudly. it was a nasty beast, a lot worse that what was growing in my brocc! even covered in chocolate, I doubt it would have had much appeal.

Comment

Hi everyone! Love the bits about M&S bugs! It just goes to show that life as a vegetable isnt always easy! Just learning about the bugs etc that can, sorry, HAVE infested by cabbage, sprouts and broccoli.....but hey if everything was easy in life!.......dexterdog
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X