sourdough website

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sourdough website

As usual, the website is no longer available for the recipe I mentioned in the previous thread, but I can e-mail it to anyone if they are interested.
    Sue X

Yes please suee
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Me too please Suee. Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by Alison; 10-12-2006, 06:36 PM.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

HHi Suee. why not post it on this thread for us instead?
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Oooh, me too, me too! yes please Suee. Big bread bakers/eaters in this house, more popular than cakes (though biscuits go before they've even cooled)

Comment

I've been investigating sourdough (having got interested in yeast from wine making ... long story)
            I found this site on the web, and apparantly sourdough is easy
            1 cup flour, 1 cup water, mix and leave in covered jar in warm place until it starts bubbling.
            Havent tried it yet, but intend to soon. Will post again.

Sourdough Bread: How to begin
            Last edited by madderbat; 21-12-2006, 06:49 PM. Reason: spelling#

Comment

Cheers Madderbat, will definately try the sourdough bread, maybe next year when I've cleared some space in the fridge for starter. Always interested in how people did things like that before the invention of modern packaging and general convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Chickie View Post
                Cheers Madderbat, will definately try the sourdough bread, maybe next year when I've cleared some space in the fridge for starter. Always interested in how people did things like that before the invention of modern packaging and general convenience.
                Me too Crazy Chickie. Have you ever wondered how things like wine and bread started in the first place? And WHO invented the first sewing needle? Greek legend has it that they are gifts given by the gods. Sometimes I'm tempted to believe it.

Comment

Yeh! Who would ever have thought of bread? I mean youve got to collect all that seed (and it was grass seed back then not plump grains weve got today), mill it, make it into dough and bake the stuff. And who got the idea to heat rocks hot enough to melt the ore and make stuff out of metal? How on earth did they know where to look n what to look for?
                  Yoghurt apparently came from people keeping milk in leather pouches and carringing it around on hot days, wines probibly the same kind of thing, carring fruit as it ferments. Sewing needles are sooo old, about 25000 yrs BC (I got swottie book), after stone tools and about the same time as woven cloth but before we domesticated dogs.

Comment

Crazy Chickie, Have you read the books by Jean M Auel? she wrote The clan of the cave bear, and some others. Fictional accounts of early society which are quite interesting, but didn't tackle the questions we were asking. Fun though.

Comment

Read one of her books a few years ago (can't remember which one though). Its nice to think of these inventions in their context, how they would have been used and how valuble a new invention or piece of information would have been. Its amazing to think of all the things we knew without having any writing or books to fall back on, we probibly used our brains more way back then than we do now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X