No announcement yet.

Blackberry jelly

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...well...I've got 6 pts of juice out of that lot!...6 lbs sugar looks an awful lot doesn't it????
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      ...well...I've got 6 pts of juice out of that lot!...6 lbs sugar looks an awful lot doesn't it????
      you'll be needing a cauldron to jam that lot then!
      There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks everyone. I'd just come here to ask for a recipe for it.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Still eating all the blackberry and apple jam I made last year (bumper year round here) but will probably make some more even if just as pressies. Don't like jellies much, too slimy without any texture so save myself having to sieve and don't waste any of the yummy fruit dither.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've just picked 2lb of blackberries from behind our garage so its bramble jelly time for me. I'll leave them till tomorrow soaking in salt water, up to yet only spotted one worm floating.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

There's less problem with setting if you add crab apple juice. Sadly, the crab apples and the blackberries don't come ripe together! I fished a bag of crabs out of the freezer yesterday and added them to the brambles. Wonderful - and the flavours go so well.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks for the tip Flum.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X