No announcement yet.

Winter larder??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me to, I have pickled the beetroot and made chutney, bean chutney, marrow chutney and loads of courgette chutney, picked red cabbage next.

Also have a freezer full of peas, broad, French and runner

Comment

Onion chutney, beetroot in raspberry jelly and an orange in a jar of vodka
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
      If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

Have done Pickled Onions, Beetroot Chutney, Pickled Beetroot, Crinkled Beetroot, Apple Sauce, Apple Chutney. Frozen Pickled Red Cabbage. Going to make some Plum jam in morning, made some apple jam last month and its lovely. Will post pics tomorrow. Living the dream with my own grown veg.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Forgot to mention freezer draw full of runner beans.

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

I've loads of frozen peas, french beans and runners, and ratatouille, plus rhubarb, green tomatoes, windfall apples, elderberries and raspberries - to make more jams and chutneys. Also frozen quite a bit Delia's braised red cabbage and apple in portions, cos nobody fancied pickled red cabbage this year

I've already made HFW's glutney chutney, green tomato and apple chutney, courgette and ginger chutney and the first lot of seedless raspberry jam, 12 small jars of tomato based pasta sauce and 8 small jars of passata. Phew!

Comment

I also made saurkraut and beans fermented/preserved the same way. Going to make plum curd at the weekend.
              When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
              If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

I'm seriously wondering how I'm going to fit everything in the freezer and am going to pounce on the next freezer that comes up on Freecycle. I've made masses of jam and chutney so far, now low on jars. All my jars, from proper Kilners to old jam jars, and all my demijohns, are scavenged, but I'm wondering if I'm going to have to, y'know, actually *buy* some
                Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

Today was herb drying day: sage, rosemary and thyme.

If the slugs hadn't eaten all the parsley, we could've done the Scarborough Fair song.
                  So thank goodness for slugs!
                  Attached Files
                  My blog: www.grow-veg.uk

@Grow_Veg_UK

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X