No announcement yet.

Jars

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from our local tesco; they have square kilner type jars in two sizes; 750 ml for £1.27 and 1.35 litre for £1.97.
    Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

thanks for that SB - will look next time I pop down to Tesco! DDL
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Thanks skegblade. Didn't see them last time I was in ours but as I tend to go round as quick as I can and leave fastish I probably would have only noticed them if they had been at the checkout or I tripped over them. I hate supermarket shopping!
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

They're on the kitchen utensils aisle; we nearly missed them as they were perched on the bottom shelf; going back tomorrow for some more.
          Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Be careful with the Ikea jars if you are putting liquids in as they leak. Bit of a sloe gin puddle at my house, tempted to lick the lino about now!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeybum View Post
              Be careful with the Ikea jars if you are putting liquids in as they leak. Bit of a sloe gin puddle at my house, tempted to lick the lino about now!
              wouldn't that mean that ikea jars are not air tight then if they leek,so wouldn't be very good for anything really. ntp

Comment

Ventured into Tesco last night in search of cheap jars - took ages to find them and I HATE Tescos (well I hate most supermarkets but our Tesco's is really bad as it's one of those huge ones) - eventually found them on the top shelf but only 1 small one left and a couple of the bigger size with masses of spare space on the shelf. I blame whoever it was that mentioned it in the first place, must have been a run on them. Never mind, cleared them out and have filled with mincemeat and apple chutney this morning - will have to see if I can cope with going back again next week.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I must admit to being a bit of a horder when it comes to jars and the lids. I recycle as many as poss, my husband thinks I am mad and can be heard muttering under his breath when he finds my stash.
                  Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

I have a lovely large wardrobe in the dining room with a lovely large drawer. Gets a bit difficult to open when it's full of jars but they don't get in anyones way there.
                    Bright Blessings
                    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Another jar/bottle supplier

Just a quick addition to the 'where to find jars' thing.
                      Use recycled jars for our own use, but like nice ones for presents. Anyway, lookin for fancy bottles, came across this site; http://www.jbconline.co.uk/index.html

Haven't tried them yet, but they've got some nice products.

Comment

Great link! Thanks!
                        Bernie aka Dexterdog
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

A chum local to me hit on a good idea - he waits until the supermarches have a sale on oir special offers, no matter what they're selling like white asparagus in jars, then goes in and buys loads, his only criteria being the price must be under 1 euro, gets all sorts of shapes and sizes for his bottling and pickling and often dumps the contents.

But like the rest of us serious GYOs here, he recycles as much as he can and only goes buying when he absolutely has to. I have 'collectors' saving me their jars through the village and buying replacement lids and stuff here is really easy.
                          TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

I use the swap system. You save me your jars and I'll give you a jar of jam/chutney/marmalade etc. Most people think it's worth saving the jars they were going to recycle if they get something to eat out of it!
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X