Using up the Plum Glut

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
    I add the kernels from about 5 plums into the jam when I'm making it - really does add a different depth to the jam!
    I do the same with apricots, put the kernels into one of those little metal 'tea infusers' so they don't get lost.

Comment

I want a plum glut!

Comment

er...and have just bought a plum tree. against all sense and reason. YOU MADE ME DO IT.
        help.

Comment

Just to note, by kernels I mean that I cracked open the stones, extracted the reddish-looking kernels - soaked in boiled water from the kettle for a couple of mins, and then pushed them out of the reddish skins - they're white, so easy to see in the jam - and each kernel has two halves.

It's definitely the best (if not, on par with strawberry + vanilla) jam I've made so far.

Comment

Mrs Beaton always recommends adding the kernels to stone fruit jam!

Comment

Originally posted by endymion View Post
              I do the same with apricots, put the kernels into one of those little metal 'tea infusers' so they don't get lost.
              As long as you don't use the kennels of the peach as they contain the active ingredients of cynide and you'll poison every one.

Comment

Originally posted by Aisles View Post
                As long as you don't use the kennels of the peach as they contain the active ingredients of cynide and you'll poison every one.
                ahhhh.. you shouldn't have told me that.. i grind em down for the o/h's coffee
                Its Grand to be Daft...

https://www.youtube.com/user/beauchief1?feature=mhee

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X