No announcement yet.

Coffee jars ....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My God Mother uses them for jams too, look a bit odd but the jar of apricot or plum she gave us last year was fine and had been made months previously.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

A friend uses plastic lids and uses food bags to create a seal...much like cellophane but breaks less easy when svrewing them on.
      the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I use plastic lidded jars to store my dried beans.
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Hope you put in a few grains of rice to soak up any moisture there might be in the jars.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I have been known to use them for jam! I know someone who has produced 14lb of jam and has used them!

Comment

we used them for jam last year....

aren't they ok to use with the jam poy covers... the transparent discs with a rubber band and a waxed disc on top of the jelly/jam/chutney?

I've got a cupboard full too, so I hope they're ok! I'm using plain jam jars for christmas gifts, the coffee jars will be for home use

Comment

I use those ones as paint jars for cleaning the brushes with nasty stuff. Then the lid goes on and it gets disposed of on a tip run.

Comment

What about the Dow Egberts (not sure of spelling) type that are all glass but have a plastic seal inside the lid. Are they airtight? I have loads of these as it's often on special offer. I already use them for tea, sugar, herbs etc but not sure if you can use them for preserves. If so, what's the best way to sterilise the plastic seal?

Comment

I have used them for both jams and chutneys for years without any problem - but then, I'm not as fierce with my preserves as Flum!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X