Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fist Food Breakfast Flapjack To Die For......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, now I'm wanting to know exactly what happened to your sweet potatoes? X

Comment

It was the first time I'd ever tried sweet potato and having got about 4 good plants 'chitted' from one that had sprouted in a jar of water, I was brimming over with confidence. They certainly had masses of top growth, but come harvest time, there was simply zilch in the way of edible tubers below ground! There was enough top growth to make a good wind break though!! Ah well, maybe next year!!

Comment

Printemps, I'd thought about growing them, and 'bottled out' because they sounded kind of too complicated/precious for me for right now. When we're more settled into our new home, and have put up The Big Girls' Greenhouse in our new garden, then maybe I could pick up some tips from you in that direction. Trousers and I love them! X

Oh, and can I just add that the 'LITE' Condensed Milk completely blew Trousers away?
        Allegedly, it made a far far 'chewier' consistency. Either that, children, or Wellie cooked it for slightly longer at a lower temperature. But don't quote me on that, obviously......
        Last edited by wellie; 28-11-2009, 12:58 AM.

Comment

The search is over! Have been trying out various flapjack recipes over the years, andalthough the taste is often good, often the texture is a let down, usually too crumbly. This wasa taste perfection with a sticky firm texture. Perfect for my sons lunch boxes, hurray at last! Perfect for my teabreak! Added dried cranberries to mine and a little dried ginger for a little festive pic me up, very yummy! Thankyou welliefor ending my search!
          Donnax
          http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

jackyspratty, you are most welcome...X
            Happy Christmas Everyone!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...