Straining Muslin With Hanging Holes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straining Muslin With Hanging Holes

Not a great description but do you know what I mean? I had one that had metal rimmed holes which I hung from the tap over the sink - worked brilliantly until Mr R binned it this morning for 'smelling funny.'

I can only find fabric ones without the holes to hang it up - even Lakeland didn't have what I wanted. They did have a whole straining set up thing but that's not really what I want. Anyone got any ideas?
    I don't roll on Shabbos

The ones you see on ebay mostly have 'hanging loops', bought one and rigged something with hooks, bar and kitchen cupboard doorknobs!

NYLON JELLY BAG: STRAINS JAMS, CONSERVES, PRESERVES on eBay (end time 15-Sep-09 10:07:51 BST)

Think this one might have 'holes'?

?KITCHENCRAFT~SPARE STRAINING BAG FOR JAM STRAINING KIT on eBay (end time 06-Oct-09 11:36:34 BST)
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Can't help there. My straining cloth was once a muslin nappy, it has knots on all 4 corners to which I can attach string when needed.
      I suggest you apply the rolling pin treatment to Mr R, so he learns not to throw things away without checking...... A decent straining cloth can be boil washed (or just boiled in a saucepan with a bit of washing powder, before putting through a normal wash) to remove smells.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I use one and it is made by Kitchen Craft.

I have seen them sold with the frame, but not separate.

I would email the ebay seller that SmallBluePlanet has given you the link for.

Comment

Try Ascott Smallholding Supplies website
          Rat

British by birth
          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

I use a piece of muslin; tie a cable tie really tight round it with another cable tie 'trapped' in and use the second cable tie to slip over a paintbrush - which then slides in two handles of my above counter units and hangs from there.

If I had a photo I'd post it.....
            Last edited by zazen999; 01-10-2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

How about making your own? You can buy the muslin and the metal eyelets (CURTAIN EYELETS WEBSITE, Curtain Eyelets, Eyeletting Machines & Equipment) - may be a gap in the market!
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

You need stainless steel eyelets to stop rust and erosion from the acid in the fruit.

Comment

Rhona, if you ever visit your county capital York, Barnitts Home and Garden claim to do replacement bags (complete with holes!) for £2.59.
                  Kitchen Craft Spare Jam Straining Bag at Barnitts
                  If Mr R buys you half a dozen of those (and two weeks holiday in Jamaica) I reckon he will have got off lightly….
                  b.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X