So, can making jam ever be sexy?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, can making jam ever be sexy?

Hm, I am worried I'm turning into a frump. I seem to spend an awful lot of my time, well, not just making jam, but generally preserving and processing. I am concerned that my OH might not see this as particularly alluring.... you know, that hair-scraped-back-pinny-on-sweating-over-a-hot-pot-of-something-or-other look. Which, by the way, seems most unfair considering I find him extremely attractive looking his most feral in his gardening gear!
    Now, I'm never going to look like Nigella in the kitchen it has to be said. But I would like to know if the panel has any suggestions as to how I can 'sex up' my hobby and if any of you ever feel like you should be wearing stilettos whilst roasting the tomatoes (yes, even you OhBeary )
    Just for fun (not really, all suggestions welcome!)
    There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Ye Gods, it's years since I wore stilettos - they did so much damage I now wear comfy footwear. And as for wearing sexy stuff whilst sweating over a hot pot - if you're anything like me you'd get so much of the stuff on your clothes that they would be totally ruined.

Comment

Well, Nigella's certainly seen as sexy.
      Pin the hair up nice -- little wisps hanging down are quite sexy
      You can cook in high heels - can't you
      Tight leggings and in intersting top
      Jings - I don't have to write any more of this for you
      You know how to do it - don't you

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Just wear the Pinni and nothing else......then you will be sexy...well as long as the Jam is good.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Muwah! thanks for the advice keep it coming!

Alice, my fella's idea of an interesting top would be to not wear one, but there's no way I'm risking third degree jam burns on me tatas

I'm actually less of a glam stiletto girl and more of a platform goth girl (less black, more grey these days), but they make my varicose vein throb if I stand too long in front of the hob... are you feeling the sexiness? it needs work, huh
          There is a war going on for your mind. If you are thinking you are winning.

Comment

I don't think I agree folks....hubby seems to think that the endless churning out of preserves, jams, etc IS actually sexy...you should have seen him when I produced the recently made jar of rhubarb and red gooseberry relish at tea time yesterday!! He was all slabbery and drooly.............

Comment

Health and Safety!!

Nog! what a suggestion!, what about splashes of hot fat/jam/chutney or water!!,................. and what a splendid idea, I'll never persuade Mrs ohbeary, to just wear a pinny, there will have to be heels, earrings, not sure about brooches and matching handbag, did catch her in the kitchen once, I think she may have been lost, rofl, she has a trick of calling out how do I do this? and wheres the ...........(common ingredient/pan/cooker), and muggins falls for it and winds up cooking, not that its a bother, just that I do it all day at work....
              LG, how did you know about my "hobby" I thought my shoe collection was a secret.
              Oh and how not to look hot and sweaty, a) make sure your kitchen clothing is light and absorbent, cotton!, well poly-cotton can be lighter and cooler, easily cleaned, see where I'm going here, google "Nisbets" and get yourself some chef gear, it comes in all shapes and sizes ( go 1 or 2 sizes up to be really comfy)
              b) sort out the ventilation, domestic kitchen ceilings are too low, mine is about 8'6" but with the right windows open I get a decent breeze, persuade other half(non cooking) that if they want to eat, you gotta breathe!!.

sorted!, just nip into pantry/broom cupboard/cellar/garage/out house or shed for lightning change and dab of powder, slap on the lippy and graciously invite your guests to dine, if its just the old man, a wipe with a tea towel followed by "Grubs Up" should suffice
              Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Originally posted by Scottishnewbie View Post
                I don't think I agree folks....hubby seems to think that the endless churning out of preserves, jams, etc IS actually sexy...you should have seen him when I produced the recently made jar of rhubarb and red gooseberry relish at tea time yesterday!! He was all slabbery and drooly.............
                slabbery and drooly!! shouldnt you take him to the vet?
                Mrs ohbeary would

OOh ooh LG, an idea!, you could try one of those vinyl bib aprons with the saucy undies printed on it and have matching same uderneath, modesty preserved, comfort..well nearly, and a delightful suprise when you point him at the washing up, ther may be scampering towards the sink and schoolboy giggles..., imagine the disappointment when he finds you sparko and snorring with the light out,(did I just get carried away?)
                Last edited by ohbeary; 03-08-2009, 09:26 PM.
                Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Originally posted by ohbeary View Post
                  slabbery and drooly!! shouldnt you take him to the vet?
                  Mrs ohbeary would

OOh ooh LG, an idea!, you could try one of those vinyl bib aprons with the saucy undies printed on it and have matching same uderneath, modesty preserved, comfort..well nearly, and a delightful suprise when you point him at the washing up, ther may be scampering towards the sink and schoolboy giggles..., imagine the disappointment when he finds you sparko and snorring with the light out,(did I just get carried away?)
                  Hee Hee! Sounds like our house.

Comment

You could always let the jam cool and spread it in assorted 'places' for him to lick off!
                    Did I just say that? Shocking! I'm a Granny for heaven's sake!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Ah, just look at it in a different way, am guessing that making jams etc makes you happy. Happy, smiling people doing what they enjoy are sexy, doesn't matter what they wear!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X