Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le Parfaite

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
    Never really thought about the tab, assumed it was to help pull the seal ring off the lid so it can be washed. Will look on the Le Parfait site as have just indulged in some jars from Lakeland!
    Invest in a pair of tongs also--then you can boil the jars and rings and take them out hot so they air dry and are sterile

"A garden is a never ending journey"

Comment

We normally do our ordinary jars in the oven (at about 120C) & by pouring boiling water over the lids. Can you put the whole le Parfait jars into the oven then? But mainly the jars will be used for sloe gin so the alcohol should kill any bugs off! Lol.
      Last edited by smallblueplanet; 01-11-2011, 11:34 AM.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Le Parfaite

We normally do our ordinary jars in the oven (at about 120C) & by pouring boiling water over the lids. Can you put the whole le Parfait jars into the oven then? But mainly the jars will be used for sloe gin so the alcohol should kill any bugs off! Lol.
        I was taught to seal them with a Pressure Cooker ( I use my Grandmothers Pressure Cooker which is about 50 years old) --I get a perfect seal every time. I am sorry I do not know about method you say

Comment

Crossed-wires I was talking about sterilising them.

Comment

Crossed-wires I was talking about sterilising them.
            Sorry I misunderstood---yes jars in oven is fine--I sterilise seals in a pan of boiling water----actually I sterilise everything in my beloved Pressure Cooker -----I use base to make jam or as a Pressure Cooker to cook hearts for my dog in and to make the English Steak and Kidney Pudding you would kill for (I am arrogant !!)

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique View Post
              ...-actually I sterilise everything in my beloved Pressure Cooker...
              I'm 'frightened' of pressure cookers, could never bring myself to buy one!

Originally posted by Angelique
              ...-I use base to make jam or as a Pressure Cooker to cook hearts for my dog in and to make the English Steak and Kidney Pudding you would kill for (I am arrogant !!)
              Lol! I will pass on the hearts and steak & kidney pud - I'm a vegetarian! But I still like suet puddings and enjoy 'wild mushroom pudding'!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tml#post148266

Comment

No idea about this particular design of jar, but in general, if the hot-sealing has led to a tight vacuum fit, tapping around the edge of the lid with the handle of a table knife (the old-fashioned ones with a bone/wood/plastic handle are best)) will disrupt the seal enough to loosen the lid. Listen as you go round, the noise it makes changes when the seal has loosened.
                This works with new-bought jam too; I learned the trick from my Mum, because sticking things through the lid means it cannot be reused AT ALL and that seems wasteful if you have a use for jars.
                Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X