canning? Water baths? Help?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canning? Water baths? Help?

I am fairly new to all this and am in my second season of trying to grow and preserve. Successfully made jam and froze tomato based pasta sauces last year, but this year due to my tiny freezer would like to preserve some tomatoes and pasta sauce in jars. I have read some threads which talk about canning and water baths but am not sure how to do it, what it's good for or where to start...any help would be appreciated.

Successful Home Canning - Home Cooking
    Canning 101 - pickles, fruits, jams, jellies, etc. by Jackie Clay Issue #53
    It would take forever to type you a reasonable answer so ive sent 2 links for canning and water baths, hope this helps.
    Last edited by neildava; 22-02-2009, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I will have a read.

Comment

From what I have just read, Canning Jars are not the ones with the rubber seal and the hinged lid that I got from Lakeland? Is that right, they are a different sort with a screw lid?

Comment

Although an American site, the following will tell you all you need to know about canning and bottling.

If you have any queries, feel free to pm me as I can tones of stuff each year.

Comment

Thanks. I have sent you a quick (ish) pm to pick your brains a bit more...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X