No announcement yet.

Bread machines save you time

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use vegetable oil instead of butter and it makes a lovely moist loaf. Can't tell you how much, because that is OH's job. I do the veg and he makes the bread!
    ~
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

What kind of breadmaker do you have Jennie and would you recommend that one. I want to get one but believe some are great and some are terrible.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I married my Bread making machine, mind you she's been playing up just recently
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

I have a fab recipe which looks mighty impressive but is really easy - you do the dough in the breadmaker and then its rolled out flat, spread with roasted peppers and red onions, rolled up and baked - will have to dig out the recipe and post it on the forum. seriouisly yummy!
          smiling is infectious....

http://www.thehudsonallotment.blogspot.com/ updated 28th May 2008

Comment

My bread maker always seems to under cook, I then trying putting the half cooked bread in the oven with poor results.

It makes a thud sound when you tap the base, I have tried reducing/increasing everything without luck, is it me or the breadmaker?

Any ideas?

Comment

It's probably the bread maker Mandy. I beleive some of thm produce ver poor results. I'm trying to get a recommendation for a good one.

Comment

Thanks Alice,

Begining to think I was just bad at bread making

It is quite an expensive Morphy Richards one that I got as a pressie, maybe I should try another type.

Mandy

Comment

Originally posted by mandyballantyne View Post
                  Thanks Alice,

Begining to think I was just bad at bread making

It is quite an expensive Morphy Richards one that I got as a pressie, maybe I should try another type.

Mandy
                  Mine's a Morphy Richards too but gives us great bread. Cakes are rubbish in it though.

Comment

I use a panasonic at school, I can't remember the model no but its the top of their range. It gives good results even when used by teenagers who don't always measure everything out properly. I've got a Morphy Richards at home and its not nearly as good. It makes a good raisin bread but that's about it. I also find that sometimes the very cheap flour (27p) gives as good if not better results than proper bread flour.
                    Last edited by blackkitty; 25-08-2006, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pickledtink View Post
                      Mine's a Morphy Richards too but gives us great bread. Cakes are rubbish in it though.
                      Hi PicledTink,

Do you have a receipe I could try? It must be me if your bread turns out well!

Thanks,

Comment

Hi Weavie I just buy ready mixed there is a lot to chouse from and all you need is to add water, hope you try you will enjoy. j.tate

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                          What kind of breadmaker do you have Jennie and would you recommend that one. I want to get one but believe some are great and some are terrible.
                          Alice unfortunately it was a pressie and I can't see the make on it. I'll try and dig out the instruction manual, as it makes THE most fantastic loaf. Our last one was a Morphy Richards and was a bit hit and miss, but this one ............ best bread I've ever eaten. We only had one morning when there was a horrible mess in the tray and I think that was oH not putting the water in!

Anyway....... I will try and find out. It looks and feels a bit tinny (didn't like to say that when we got it), but have to admit it is good.

Bear in mind that some of these breadmakers make a horrendous noise. We bought one for our eldest son and daughter in law and they live in a flat (we live in a huge four bedroom Manse) and they find if they set it for breakfast they get woken up at 5 in the morning. They make a lot of pizza dough!
                          ~
                          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Thanks Jennie, that would be great. I wouldn't worry about the noise if it makes good bread. I didn't know they were noisy. The things you learn on this site.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X