Rosehips

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJM
    Yes would be interested to know as well, mine are the smaller, intense red ones.
    And welcome to the Vine!
    Sue

Comment

photo of second rosehip jelly extract

Thank you Sue. It's a great forum.

I was too tired today (after picking another load of fruit and starting a spiced hedgerow jelly) to finish phase two of the 'redder' rosehip jelly so I've put the extract into the fridge for the night. Here's a photo though so you can see the colour:

This extract is very thick. I believe it might have a nice flavour. Fingers crossed!

Diana

Comment

Wow it looks good. I bet it tastes great too. Wish I had rosehips to pick
        Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful..William Morris

Comment

Shirely, there are so many rosehips to pick in the hedgerows where I live in Cambridgeshire. I don't find this jelly as nice as crabapple or damson but I was very keen to know what it tastes like.

Comment

Does anybody know how to make rosehip tea out of rosehips, if possible from a dried version or so? I had rosehip tea as a child, but with the teabags from Aldi and wouldn't mind trying the real thing.

Comment

I always thought you made it from dried rosehips Ulla, and mashed it like a normal tea. Just my instincts though - I've never done it. I find rosehip tea a bit astringent for my taste.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I've recently make rosehip jelly which tastes FANTASTIC! It goes really well with meats like pork chops etc.
                you simply chop and bash the hips add enough water to cover them in a pan, boil for 20mins or so and strain through a muslin. You can if you want return the mush back to the pan and boil a second time. Add the 2 lots of juice together and add 1lb sugar to 1 pt water, bring to a rolling boil for about 5 mins, skim the scum from the top, pot and store - hey presto! & Yum :-)
                Hope this helps

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X