Last years wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last years wine

I made 3 gallons of Apple and Apple and raisin after the disappointment of the cider the year before, should be ready soon, it looks a lovely cider colour. 3 gallons of Blackberry too, but I will try and keep that a bit longer if I can resist it.

Here's a tip - syphoning the wine into bottles works better if you take the end of the syphon out your mouth.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

It's such a temptation to have the odd glass and suddenly you've drunk the lot. If you can resist drinking it and hold off bottling and maturing in bulk, even in a gallon jar, will pay dividends. I normally make 5 gallons at a time and take the wine from the big container which has a tap fitted! Trouble is the when it's just maturing I'm usually at the bottom of the container.

David

Comment

First try at the apple without the raisins and it's pure vinegar, you could put it on your chips, but you can't drink it. Hope the others are alright.

Comment

Tried some more of the 2016 vintage, the Blackberry is a resounding success, the vinegar however is some of the finest vinegar I've had, all 3 gallons look perfect but smell and taste minging, just about drinkable with a couple of sweeteners added and a mouthful of chips lol.

Comment

Burnie iv'e got 6 ltrs of plum thats not good rather than wang it i'm going to use it in some slug traps and see if the enemy have taste for it waste not and all that ! atb Dal.
            Last edited by Derbydal; 31-03-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

How strong is the vinegar? Could you use it for making chutneys later in the year?

Comment

It fair sucks your cheeks in, not sure I'd want to waste more stuff mixing it with this, cider vinegar is supposed to be good for you is it not, so I'll try drinking some more to see...........

Comment

Made a earth shattering discovery, low sugar home made wine doesn't work, sweeteners added makes the "vinegar" almost enjoyable.......................

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X