No announcement yet.

Fallen Apples?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a year apart ? you might want to check your glasses scarlet those posts are all from this year
    The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
      a year apart ? you might want to check your glasses scarlet those posts are all from this year
      Oops....I fear it has nothing to do with glasses!
      Last edited by Scarlet; 26-08-2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

empty glasses maybe ? well its a long weekend so enjoy yourself ,no harm done
        The Dude abides.

Comment

went up the plot again today and i managed to make another gallon of pear and apple cider ,very pleased with that and the compost bins are filling up nicely ,very happy and still lots of apples to pick ,its going to be a busy week

does anyone know if i can put my batches together in 1 25 liter fv ? 1st batch (7 liters) is about 10 days old so i cant see to much of a problem ,im looking to make 25 liters over all and rack them twice,then bottle and store till match ,my dads bday ,then save the rest till next summer ,any thoughts welcome ,cheers
          Last edited by the big lebowski; 28-08-2018, 08:01 PM.
          The Dude abides.

Comment

Not sure on that one. Technically cider will ferment until the sugars are spent. However, will the cider spoil if fermenting too long. Are you using a bucket. Provided the top of the bucket fills with CO2 that will prevent the fruit oxidising. If your bucket had an air lock, that might be better.

To be honest new territory. lets know how you get on.
            Last edited by 4Shoes; 28-08-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

i have the 7 liters in a 10 liter fermentation vessel with a bubbler so its sealed and only pushes the any extra gasses to escape ,the new stuff is in a demijon with a bubbler too ,i think it will be ok ,ill give it a try tomorrow and see ,cheers
              The Dude abides.

Comment

Air Lock, Bubbler - all good. I've not got round to putting airlocks on my fermenters. My local store does not stock the glands. All best.

Comment

had another day wandering around the orchard ,made another batch of cider ,thats up to 4 gallons now ,very happy with that
                  The Dude abides.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X