No announcement yet.

First Demijohn

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you used juice there would be little matter to cause much of a sediment, so that makes sense. Most of what was there would be the dead yeast cells, and some live ones.

Sounds like it is happily fermenting, often after the first racking it slows down for a few days as you would have removed some of the live yeast.

You will have realised that you really need 2 demijons for this game. 8 or 10 being better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk View Post
      As you used juice there would be little matter to cause much of a sediment, so that makes sense. Most of what was there would be the dead yeast cells, and some live ones.

Sounds like it is happily fermenting, often after the first racking it slows down for a few days as you would have removed some of the live yeast.

You will have realised that you really need 2 demijons for this game. 8 or 10 being better.
      At present I'm the proud owner of 7 demijohns. Just need to decide what's going in the others!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

I made wine several years ago, which made a friends father decide to do it too. He wanted to have his ready first, so stuck his demijohns in the airing cupboard.

Must have been too hot, as the wine was bubbling out through the air lock (glass in those days) and on to the clothing below.

Red grape juice stain is not easy to remove from white sheets.

Probably best to invest in a small winemaking heater, then the wine can ferment in a shed or garage.

ps .. I found this book very good ..The Boots Book of Home Wine Making and Brewing
        Last edited by wbmkk; 03-04-2014, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X