Pear cider

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pear cider

I know it's not homemade but my OH has taken a likeing to Kopparberg pear cider from Wetherspoons Pubs but at £1-85 for half a litre this is a bit rich for my wallet. Has anyone found a cheap source of this brew or even an alternative ? Please help !

sozzled

Thanks for looking, the wifes now found 12 bottles of californian red for £30-00. Bottomes up. JC47.

Comment

they now sell it in a well know supermarket T***Os very cheap they also do a summer fruits one yummy!!

Comment

also at A**a
        making your own isnt that hard either.
        Yo an' Bob
        Walk lightly on the earth
        take only what you need
        give all you can
        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Give us the recipe then !!!!

Comment

pear cider = perry. Aka Babycham i believe !!
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Ikea sell it too.
              Gardening Blog:
              http://dig-for-victory.livejournal.com/

Comment

making Perry, pear cider

Ripe pears in a tub, squash them with your clean hands. Add pectin enzyme (pectolaze) other wise it will not clear, 24 hrs covered with water and a weighted plate to keep the fruit under water. Add 2kgs suger per gallon/4.5 ish litres. Then add a started yeast. keep under air lock, about two weeks later seive through a gauze/linen bag. squeeze out as much juice from the pulp and keep under airlock. Rack off the sediment say every two months. when finished and clear bottle, drink and be careful. Or if you have a press then press the juice and and start at 'add the pectolaze'.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X