No announcement yet.

Sampling first tea bag wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.04 and 1.06 is fine to start with, bearing in mind they have already been fermenting. Leave them be now until they are reading below 1.

Comment

Well here we are about three weeks later. The DJ that never looked very lively has long since stopped fermenting. I've just racked it off - I was amazed how thick and pale the sludge was in the bottom of the DJ. I've measured the SG with the wonkometer and the level sits just under the marking that reads 1.000 - I still haven't got the hang of how to represent those figures. It tastes really thin and sharp and not at all tempting! That's from a starting point of about 1.04.

The other is about the same SG (began at '36' on the wonkometer when I gave it its second chance) and tastes pretty similar. Is there any hope?!

My second attempt at tea bag wine began on 21st August and is still fermenting - still! - and has a wonkometer reading of around 1.04. I seem to be really sh*te at making wine! I don't have anywhere warm to put them so they're having to make do in the downstairs loo that has a radiator that comes on briefly twice a day whether the central heating's switched off or not. They do have little woolly cosies on them but do you think that's why everything's taking an eternity?
      Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

Really i was looking for this from past couple of days surely I going to try this at my home after that i let you to know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X