Reusing vodka/whiskey metal lid bottles

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reusing vodka/whiskey metal lid bottles

I'm thinking of doing a little home brewing for Crimbo this year and always have these bottles around...... Obviously once you undo the metal lid the seal is broken - can anyone tell me where to get new metal lids for these bottles (70cl and 1 litre bottles)

I don't really want to spend money on loads of bottles when I have plenty I could use anyway.,.. I know you can get stoppers for wine bottles, would they fit?

🐞Every ☁has a silver lining🐝Every 🌸 has a 🌿

GFP, just use the bottles and caps that you have and add a shrinkable capsule for a seal if you want a posh finish or not if you don't.
    Eat well, live well, drink moderately and be happy (hic!)

Comment

Miscellaneous

shrink capsules?

Home Brew - Wine & Beer Making Kits Corks, Caps & Labels - Bottling

Comment

the lids should be fine for a few uses - they should be airtight / watertight - after a few uses the threads will be useless
        dont use corks / stoppers in screw top bottles - the glass is weaker around the thread
        i use plastic bottles now for most of my wines - normally 1 litre lucozade bottles or 1.5 litre squash bottles
        http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Like Ohbeary I always use the tops that come with the bottles, I sterilise them along with the bottles. Occasionally, I get a leak but it is just that and easy to change the top for another.
          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X