Tomato Wine?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato Wine?

Obviously I am about six months out of synch (and last year was rubbish for my tomatoes anyway), BUT has anyone made tomato wine?

I can't see why it wouldn't work, but would value opinions...

The only thing I ever read about it was in cjjjjjjj berrys book, something along the lines of why would you? Sorry it's not helpful

Comment

I made some Tomato wine a few years back, I think the recipe was from C.J.'s book. It ended up quite strong and a little dry. There was a kind of back taste to it I wasn't keen on and it still had a decidedly tomato bouquet! I've not made it since and I'm not sure it ever got drunk. I didn't much like it as a drinking wine might be fine cooked in a casserole or something. Just my opinion others may love it
      Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Originally posted by poly View Post
        It ended up quite strong and a little dry.
        All my wines end up like that.

Re tomato wine, never had any and never seen any of the good country wine producers making any which might be a pointer to it not really working but hey, you might like it so give it a go. Speaking personally I'd rather use my excess toms to make passatta etc but I know that doesn't suit everybody.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Rhubarb wine is good and this is the time to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by zamalek View Post
            Never heard of any of them, but Rhubarb wine sounds good. I imagine tomato wine would but overpoweringly sweet.

Comment

I made tomato jam - it needed chili though .. was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by zamalek View Post
                Welcome to the Vine, zamalek - I agree with you about rhubarb wine, I make a couple of batches each year. Too early for it yet round here, though - we've only just got rhubarb shoots coming up.

Originally posted by Marcher View Post
                Never heard of any of them, but Rhubarb wine sounds good. I imagine tomato wine would but overpoweringly sweet.
                Easy peasy to make as well, March - worth a go if you've got loads of rhubarb!

Not sure about tomato wine - but if it does prove to be a good year for tommies, I might give it a go!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X