chilli wine anyone?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chilli wine anyone?

Whilst thinking of new ways to use my crop of chilli's I started trawling the net and found a recipe for chilli wine.

Has anyone ever made it or tried it?
    Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
    Bob Dylan

No thanks...

Just wanted to say 'hi' though - haven't seen you about for ages

Comment

Wine with chillies is bad enough......wine from chillies?! Surely not!

Invest in a dehydrator and dry them to grind to powder.

Make chilli jam
      Chiili sauce
      Freeze them.........

Oh....and if you make some wine do tell us what it is like!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

Nigella's Chilli Jelly I find the best. Once it's got to jam setting point, put it through a sieve and collect all the chunky bits and put them into a jamjar on their own. I use this for all my cooking needs and the jelly for giving away as pressies.

Comment

chilli wine...Mmmm

have tried chilli vodka, thats something to warm you on a cold camping night sat round a fire i can tell ya

Comment

I tasted raspberry jam with chillies recently! An unexpected kick,......

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
              Nigella's Chilli Jelly I find the best. Once it's got to jam setting point, put it through a sieve and collect all the chunky bits and put them into a jamjar on their own. I use this for all my cooking needs and the jelly for giving away as pressies.
              Tried nigellas last year with cayennes. Superb and I shall try the straining this year. Just got some red peppers ready but the chillis are a bit behind. I intend to make some VERY hot jam.........just because I've grown some bhut jolokia and I can't just eat them!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

And it's Go, Go, Go

just started off the chilli wine, wasn't brave enough to use my habaneros so used jalapenos instead (still after whizzing in the blender, I took a quick sniff as the lid was removed and it was a fairly eye-wateringly potent aroma)
                Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by The Large One View Post
                  chilli wine...Mmmm

have tried chilli vodka, thats something to warm you on a cold camping night sat round a fire i can tell ya
                  I'm interested to see how this turns out, I make chilli vodka for my youngest son every year for Christmas, though I've never tasted it.
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

made two gallons of chilli wine about 10 years ago for a £5 bet.I had told someone you could ferment any fruit and veg so he turned up with a 3 pound box of green chillies .The fermentation went quite quickly and it cleared to a pale greenish colour.Got some in my mouth whilst siphoning it into the bottles & it was like swallowing molten lead,had to use buttered bread to withstand the pain.
                    Smug friend turned up for the tasting 2 weeks later and I watched him drink two wine glasses which he said were great whilst changing to an impressive range of colours (apparantly it's dead macho to destroy your digestive tract )
                    Got my fiver though..........................he never took the rest of the bottles or indeed the open one.
                    Over the next couple of years I amused myself by leaving an open one on the side at parties, its always easy to spot the bring a bottle dodgers who turn up with 2 cans of 25p tesco's lager and then snuffle round what everyone else has bought
                    don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                    remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X