Fruit in alcohol

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit in alcohol

Firstly, I'm not sure if there's another thread dealing with this, I can't find it.
    Secondly, it's in here because it's not wine making

Right then....when I go home I sometimes clear out the food cupboard and FIFO everything for my parents.
    At the back of the cupboard has been for years and years a jar with nasty looking lumps and brown liquid that my mother won't throw out. Well, I finally got to taste it last year, and it's prunes in grappa, and it's been sitting there for a good few years [at least 15] and it was bloomin well delicious.
    So, my question is, can I just buy prunes and shove the grappa and suagr on [I know that this is one way to do it] but I want to guarantee there's some chewiness left in the prunes, that they don't go to slop.
    I've just done dates in rum, and while they are knock your socks off delicious, they are far too sloppy and there's no bite left in them.
    How do i do it?
    Last edited by taff; 05-03-2012, 08:19 PM. Reason: damn typo's!!!! but you should have seen the 'socks' typo ha ha!!

I think I feel an experiment coming on - all I need is some ropey alcohol and some prunes (were they once plums??)
    If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

Here, you get bottles of alcohol that are specially for this - it must exist in England too. I think you just prick the fruit if they have skins like prunes and plonk them in the alcohol. I used to have a neighbour in England who had a huge pot she put fruit and, I think, vodka regularly and kept it for a while. I remember it being very good! Hic!
      Last edited by Patchninja; 07-03-2012, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X