Xmas Pudding wine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas Pudding wine

Yes really! I found the recipe on another website and have started the brew off today. The result should be a dessert wine of about 18%.
    Has anyone else made this. If so, advice would be appreciated.

Haven't tried it Bren, but sounds good. Could you post the recipe or the link please?

Comment

Hope this works....

Wine Number 4 Dessert Wine. - Wines at home

Comment

Link works fine thanks Bren.

Comment

Interesting although am not sure I'd want a full demijohn worth of it

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Truly Allison this recipe is so very messy and time consuming I am disappointed that it only makes a demijohn. If it turns out ok I would feel very honoured if you would accept a bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
              Truly Allison this recipe is so very messy and time consuming I am disappointed that it only makes a demijohn. If it turns out ok I would feel very honoured if you would accept a bottle.
              Lol - I now have an image of you up to your elbows in Christmas puddings

Keep thinking of giving wine making another try but never quite get around to it - tried years ago and ended up with some very palatable (but non-alcoholic) elderberry wine and some very alcoholic but very unpleasant (think cheap sherry) apricot wine. The first got drunk as a mixer and the second had a bottle opened about every six months in case it had improved (it hadn't!) and then thrown down the sink. Not my finest hour

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                Keep thinking of giving wine making another try but never quite get around to it - tried years ago and ended up with some very palatable (but non-alcoholic) elderberry wine and some very alcoholic but very unpleasant (think cheap sherry) apricot wine. The first got drunk as a mixer and the second had a bottle opened about every six months in case it had improved (it hadn't!) and then thrown down the sink. Not my finest hour
                Oh go on Alison. I haven't made any for years, but I did get some decent brews - blackberry was one of my best. I have recently started again (very recently so no results yet), but it doesn't cost a lot and doesn't take up too much room. I was intrigued by the Xmas pudding recips (didn't realise it actually needed a Xmas pudding) - sounds really messy

Comment

I made it a good few years ago. One glass was more than enough and I poured the rest down the sink a couple of years later. Too sweet and sickly!!
                  Nothing much lost by trying it though.

Comment

I have an xmas pudding wine fermenting at the moment. It is, as Brengirl says, the most messiest wine making experience ever. Xmas puddings are full of fat/lard and as you have to stir it a couple of times a day for a week you soon realise why it clogs arteries

There are some great recipes on that website, the wine number 1 variations (gooseberry and lychee) are superb if you want to make reliable trouble free cheap white table wine.
                    Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Wine goes sherryish if air gets in (OH drinks it anyway, but I don't). Some of it improves (if the sherry flavour is slight) but it's never the same.
                      Try a kit, and if that works OK, then you read some of the recipes on here and get going!
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdinkle View Post
                        I have an xmas pudding wine fermenting at the moment. It is, as Brengirl says, the most messiest wine making experience ever. Xmas puddings are full of fat/lard and as you have to stir it a couple of times a day for a week you soon realise why it clogs arteries

There are some great recipes on that website, the wine number 1 variations (gooseberry and lychee) are superb if you want to make reliable trouble free cheap white table wine.
                        btw I love your name. My batch is now bubbling away on it's 3rd day. There is loads of sugar in it so I am hoping, with care, the yeast will devour the lot and give me some rib tickling juice for xmas 2010/11.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X