Rumpot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumpot

Gonna start mine soon might have to buy some fruit but most will come from lottie.
    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
    and ends with backache

rumpot?
    Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Mhmmm.! Lots of fresh fruit, even more Rum and some sugar!
      http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Also known as "rumtopf" Caro. It's delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Caro View Post
          rumpot?
          In a Rumtopf jar or a large glazed earthenware pot with tight fitting lid.

May - June One pound strawberries 1/2 lb sugar rum to cover fingers breadth.

June - July One pound cooking cherries with stones, 1/2 lb sugar enough rum to cover

July - Aug One pound Apricots or peaches peeled and destoned and halved, 1/2 lb sugar, rum to cover

Aug - Sept One pound of blacberries 1/2 lb sugar more rum
          One pound of plums destones 1/2 lb sugar more rum

Oct - Nov Pears and / or pineapple cut up and any other fruit available 1/2 lb sugar more rum to cover

After the last inclusion of fruit in November leave the pot to stand for a few days before trying. It will keep indefinatly.
          and ends with backache

Comment

I do mine with brandy but not started this years yet, probably soon though as they strawberries are in full production now. Still have some of last years nectar left and it's truly wonderful . Only ever put in home grown fruit as to do bought stuff seems cheating so last year added strawberries, raspberries, plums, blackberries and blueberries but you can do pretty much anything.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
              I do mine with brandy but not started this years yet, probably soon though as they strawberries are in full production now. Still have some of last years nectar left and it's truly wonderful . Only ever put in home grown fruit as to do bought stuff seems cheating so last year added strawberries, raspberries, plums, blackberries and blueberries but you can do pretty much anything.
              Now I'll have to get another jar with a brandy one in lol.
              and ends with backache

Comment

Thanks for the thread Jackie - I remember my parents doing this back in the seventies with the end result being ready around christmas (they probably kept it until then). Mum used to serve the fruit and liquer in large dark chocolate shells with cream. There were no kids waiting up for santa in our house, one of those and you were smashed by 9pm!

I had forgotten all about it but will definately be starting one off!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X