No announcement yet.

Non fermenting Elderflower Champagne

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going with Jeanied here. Those are not elderflowers as such I would scrap the whole lot just to be on the safe side. Google elderflowers and you will be able to look at pics of what they do look like.

Comment

Hi,

I made a mistake last year thinking giant cow parsley was elderflower. I had never smelled elderflower before which added to my confusion. I too thought there was loads of it about. I now have found a proper tree which is definitely not ready for picking yet. If you google the pictures for them both you'll see what i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
        That is really strange! Elderflower here is only just showing buds! We have rowan in flower, and wayfarer, buth of which have similar looking (from a distance) flower heads. I would expect to be at least a couple of weeks ahead of anywhere that far north of this!
        Yeah, we've got loads of rowan too - it's very pretty isn't it.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Don't worry It's all gone down the sink now! I did google a few times but must have picked either the Rowan or Cow Parsley that other people have mentioned... I will have a google at those and see! Thanks for your help guys even though I was wrong anyway! Anyway All not lost... I've just bottled 2 litres of Limoncello.... ho hum What to do with the little bit left over.....
          http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

Just love your outlook, Jelliebabe! Undaunted and enterprising all in one go!!
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Just went and had a look at my local elderflower tree, (North Somerset) and they are all still little green buds. Can't wait

Comment

Just as well I can tell what a lemon is...!!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jelliebabe; 26-05-2010, 03:32 PM.
                http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

LOL Jellie, I don't think you are the first or the last !

It is very useful to share mistakes as well as all the triumphs.

I also think you have a great sense of humour, good for you .
                  You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X