Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you buy your yeast & equipment?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy your yeast & equipment?

Hi folks,

I am surprised not to see a sticky of some recommended techniques or favourite recipes on the Juicy Gossip. Any reason why?

Anyway,
    now that I have my demijohn's I am thinking of where to get the rest of the tools together. Anybody got any suggestions or favourite places to shop?

Thank you!
    tiachica

PS: Just reading my way through the past 9 pages on this board. So bear with me, please.
    http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Wilkinson's do a good range but there's plenty available on ebay from reliable sellers with shops.

Comment

I'd suggest trying this...
      Wine Making & Brewing Supplies in Scotland Yell.com

You could probably get more useful results by putting in a more accurate location. Most of these places are independent and would probably appreciate your business.

if they are anything like the place I go to they'll also be helpful when you've got a problem and fancy talking to someone about it instead of posting on a forum and waiting for a reply... though I should add that I've ignored some of the advice that place gave me in favour of some online advice that sounded more "right".

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Tiachica, I was suprised and disappointed not to have any brewing shops in Aberdeen or the local area, but now get all my stuff at shop4homebrew online place. I've had really good service from them getting everything I've ordered within a couple of days and packaged really well. Feels like a personal service event though it's on t'internet.

Comment

I order mine from Wilko's online and pick it up in the shop.
          Urban Escape Blog

Comment

I go for mail order from the art of brewing: what I like is there is someone on the phone as well so I can ask daft questions. They send it out really fast too.
            UK Home Brew Shop for Beer and Wine kit supplies
            Also their beer kits produced some pretty good brew, I'm told (don't drink the stuff myself!)
            Last edited by Jeanied; 14-10-2009, 08:37 PM. Reason: Forgot about the beer
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

We occasionally use Art-of-Brewing, but find them a bit pricey for some things. More often than not, we use Hamstead Brewing Centre Their website is not the best to navigate, but, the service is fantastic - really helpful on the phone, good prices, and quick delivery

Comment

Luckily we have a small independant home brew shop near us in North Camp, Farnborough. I prefer to use him as it would be a shame to see the local small shops go out of business, I know it is no good for all you up north and over the border but could be useful to some as there are quite a few grapes from Surrey and surrounding.

update: just been on website and they will soon be moving to Aldershot
                http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/
                Last edited by kernowyon; 14-10-2009, 10:08 PM. Reason: add website
                Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                Bob Dylan

Comment

We also have a local shop that I use, they give you a loyalty card and when you have spent £100 they gice you £10 off your next purchase. Very helpful with advice. Its in the market hall.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

I get my stuff from our local indoor market, if for any reason the owners don't have what I need, they'll go out of there way to find it for me, but there an elderly couple and keep saying there giong to give the stall up, that will be a sad day, I for one will really miss them.
                    Last edited by ginger ninger; 15-10-2009, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X