anybody made pear wine?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody made pear wine?

have now made my annual supply of pear honey and find i have a few pounds of very ripe pears left over so thought i'd try some pear wine....anyone got any tried and tested recips for me please?

also have apples if they are needed (cooking and eating)

many thanks

SN

Not tried and tested, but here's one to have a look at: free wine making winemaking recipes
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have a gallon bubbling away on the windowsill in the kitchen. Will post the recipe after I've had some breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        Not tried and tested, but here's one to have a look at: free wine making winemaking recipes
        started the one from this link off about 10 minutes ago.had loads left over so i've started yet more pear honey...cant get enough of it and i think it will be brilliant for c'mas pressies too!

Comment

Pear Wine

I'm going to have a bash at the recipe in Booze For Free, because the author says it's one of his best country wines

2kg pears, washed but unpeeled
          1kg sugar, dissolved in
          4 litre boiled water
          1 tsp pectolase
          1 tsp nutrient
          yeast (Champagne is recommended)
          Campden tablet (optional*)

Roughly chop the pears and boil in half the water for 20 mins. Strain the liquid through some muslin into a fermenting bin. Dissolve the sugar in the rest of the boiling water and add to bin.
          *Add a crushed Campden tablet and leave for 24 hrs. (alternatively, freeze the fruit beforehand to kill any natural yeasts on the skin).

Next day, add yeast, nutrient & pectolase.
          Ferment to dry, mature for at least 6 months before drinking.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Yes I made. This is a very easy recipe for pear wine. first you take 4 to 6 lbs of ripe pears,1/4 lb finely granulated sugar, 1/2 chopped white or golden raisins. 1/4 quarts water. 1/2 t.s.p pectic enzyme, 1-1/2 t.s.p acid bled and 1 packet Champagne yeast. Cut one pear in half. that both sides have the meat facing up. Leave it for 15 minutes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X