OOOOOH!!!! So excited!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOOOH!!!! So excited!

I can't contain myself... I am about to pick up a demijohn tomorrow morning thanks to freecycle!

Wohoo!

TiaChica
    http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Great - what are you going to make first?
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I assume at first I am going to be scrubbing! lol...

don't know yet. Let's see! Something fruity for sure!
      http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Well done - I love Freecycle :-)

Comment

I've got a dozen in the garage I keep falling over..................must do something with them sometime!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Just realised WHY I've got a dozen demijohns in the garage. I was at a car boot sale about 5 years ago where a seller was packing up his demijohns into his car ready to leave. When asked how much they were he says "50p for one or a dozen for a quid to save me carting the damm things home again"

Must get round to using them sometime! Did toy with the idea of pouring boiling water into them to knock the bottom out and using them as bell cloches!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Must get round to using them sometime! Did toy with the idea of pouring boiling water into them to knock the bottom out and using them as bell cloches!
              Please don't do that, Wilks charges nearly six pounds each.
              Regards
              Don Vincenzo
              Last edited by zazen999; 13-10-2009, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Hehe I've also got the Tshirt. Everytime my BH goes into the garage I here him mutter about my collection. He trailed me all over town, four years ago, to beg borrow or steal my demi's. For a couple of years I fermented, racked and finally bottled the precious brew. Cost me a fortune in additives and sugar. But, never mind, It was worth it. I loved every minute of it. As for the wine it all ended up down the sink.
                But thinking about it I have loads of blackberries in the freezer perhaps................

Comment

We got our first load this year from a friend who picked them up at a car boot 3 years ago and just left them in the garage. We've done rasp and ribena wine and turbo cider so far.... Good fun, with a great outcome!!!

Comment

elderberries are still around and make a lovely wine. also apples and pears.

Comment

I got all my brewing equipment from freecycle and charity shops and probably have enough to go into commercial production.

Trouble is I don't have enough time. Picked 19lbs of cooking apples yesterday and was going to make more cider today. Boiled em up instead and chucked em in the freezer...looks like we'll be having a lot of apple crumble.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X